Virtual reality and What it Could Do

Some haven’t heard about this, but Facebook has recently bought the oculus rift from the original company. To get you up to date on what the product is it is basically a headset that you wear that covers your eyes and puts you into a world not from your own, creating the name virtual reality. Why this is such a big deal is because Facebook is wanting to use it to copy other peoples experiences, which sounds awesome.

Imagine your on a plane about to jump out, jump out, and at the bottom post it to Facebook so someone else can have the same experience. Just amazing right, well kind of. The original company was going to use it to put people in gaming worlds, make dreams come true, but now that may not happen anymore.

Thankfully sony has their take on the product which is doing the same thing the oculus rift did in the first place, which is put people in fantasy worlds, with a new product called project morpheus. I won’t go too into detail because its kind of the same thing but better. So whats your take on it, has technology gone to far or is this a good thing for the world.

-Evan

One thought on “Virtual reality and What it Could Do

1. Hi Evan
    I’m not sure what I make of it! Virtual worlds sound amazing, but then so is the real world, and I know which I prefer.
    On the other hand, I imagine myself in other worlds when I read a book, and no-one complains about that!
    Maybe it depends on how the virtual world is used, and how addictive it could be.
    What do you think?