Why did Flappy Bird Get Deleted

As one of the most popular apps in the App Store, this game has enraged millions. With doubling the amount of downloads as any other app in the App Store the rising popularity has been over the top. The addictiveness of this app has not only gave this app crazy good ratings but has made everyone want more of this game. So why did the creator delete it?

First of all we have the Nintendo lawsuit. With the crazy amount of downloads the famous company Nintendo has gone into notice. If you’ve ever played the game you notice the pipe textures in the game. They are an exact copy of the super selling game super Mario bros. So could this be the reason why he’s taking down the game. Yes and no, the update. The day before the app went down they gave out an update that changed the pipe textures. So this couldn’t be a problem, could it?

Second of all we have the death treats. After millions and billions have played this crazy app a lot don’t have what it takes to beat their high score. So like any person in the wrong mind the outraged and addicted people have sent millions of death treats one by one. This has caused the owner to not only be guarded by police but to be in lock down for over a week.

The last and final reason was the playing style. When he downloaded the game to the App Store he meant it to be played when people are relaxed for a couple of minutes. Not expecting that the whole world would get addicted he decided that it was best to take it down. This wasn’t everyone though, people like me were actually good at the game and beat their high score almost every time.

So could these be the reasons he took the game down? The fact that everyone hates him but no one would do anything about it. We will never know, we will only know how much this game ruins our life, and how much money were going to have to pay for new phones.

6 thoughts on “Why did Flappy Bird Get Deleted

1. I’ve never played Flappy Bird, Evan, but I enjoyed your post very much! Engaging, informative writing about a subject I’ve seen mentioned in the news. Thanks for filling me in!

2. Hi Evan,
    Guess what? My name is Evan too! I am in the 6th grade at Epiphany Cathedral School! I really like this post. I have Flappy Bird. It’s a great game and my high score is 18. I know, pretty bad!Do you have Flappy Bird? If you do, what is your high score? You can visit me at evanhk.edublogs.org

Evan:)

• Hey Evan nice to meet you, and yes I do have flappy bird. After hours and hours of practice I have achieved the high score of 137. I guess I am just really good at the game. Thanks for the like -EvanT