The Issues With News

Journalism is messed up, big time. The things that they focus on are totally irrelevant to what’s actually going on in front of our very eyes. They create things that no one wanted to see in the first place, and then bring it to a point where everyone wants to know about it. Has anyone seen anchorman 2, one of my favorites by the way. Has anyone noticed that they are making complete fun of what the news is focusing on, and in some ways showing us not to watch the news.

What they did in anchorman 2 is that they showed how the news broadcast are so made up about things that people want to see and then showing things no one wants to see following that. Like a car chase or a kitten who played with his first ball of yarn, really! You can’t think of anything better. What if the world was getting nuked and then all of a sudden they showed how a dog thought that Elmo was funny, Yea that’s CNN for ya. My point is is that they need to fix journalism, now. And good luck to everyone who still thinks the news is telling the truth. Really you need to stop watching it.

5 thoughts on “The Issues With News

1. I agree with you about journalism. CNN, MSNBC, ABC and other websites have all gone towards tabloid fodder. It’s bait-and-switch, like you say: I would go for the headlines, then see some terrible, sensationalistic tragedy or ridiculous celebrity humiliation posted on the same page. Now I use Zite or Flipboard to cull for newsworthy events and articles and avoid all the noise.

2. Yeah I know I was looking around on the Internet and found a news story commenting on the fact that the anchorman for the Winter Olympics had a twitch in his eye while talking, not even mentioning that the water in Sochi is poison.